Green Paisley

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Congratulations Lucas Edward !!!

     On Saturday, September 3, Lucas was welcomed into the Catholic Church by our wonderful friends and family. Talk about a very special day. When celebrating such special events I am always reminded how much I miss my dad. Especially with the birth of my first child I am constantly reminded about my dad's dying wish... he wanted his bambinos. While in the hospital, a couple of years before passing away, he made it loud and clear to both Meg and Me that he wanted to live to see his bambinos. Of course neither of us were married at the time to which we replied that we could provide but he new what that meant. He would shrug, say "well...." and then start laughing. We knew as well as he did that one day we could provide him with bambinos, but we couldn't be certain he would be present to touch them and hold them in his arms.







     I am thrilled to finally be able to answer that wish and I know that he has front row seats in heaven as he watches down on us, getting to see every tear and smile not only from Lucas, but from his parents too;) Knowing he is looking down on us brings great joy to my heart, but knowing Lucas will not get to meet his Grandad Hamlet brings tears to my eyes. He will, however, always carry his grandfathers' name, Edward.  His absence is always greatly felt, especially at these events, but I couldn't be luckier to have my dad's brother, my uncle, as a Priest, present to represent my dad. How fortunate am I to have my dad's brother not only concelebrate at my own wedding, but also to Baptize my son, his brothers' grandson. I cannot imagine a greater gift.








     Thank you to everyone who helped us to make this a very special day!!



post signature

2 comments:

  1. TOUCHING. You should have warned me this one was coming! TEAR JERKER. Beautiful story. Nicely done. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris,
    This is great! Thanks for doing this, posting the memories in comments and photos, and allowing me to comment.
    I love you guys,
    Uncle Mark

    ReplyDelete