Green Paisley

Monday, November 21, 2011

4 Months Old ( 11/14/11)

Dear Lucas,

     You are FOUR months old today


Stats:
Height - 24 inches (25th percentile)
Weight - 12 lbs 10 oz (10th percentile)
Head Circumference -15.75 in


Food:
You currently eat 5-6 times/ day. 7a, 10a, 1p, 4p, 6:30p, and 4:30a (sometimes you are gracious to skip this feeding) I have been at work now a little over 1 month. Fortunately I am still able to nurse you exclusively. I am able to nurse right before I leave for work, you take 3 bottles during the day(which I pumped the day before) and you nurse again right before bedtime and then sometimes you wake up around 4-4:30 which is a killer since I have to be up at 5am anyway. I was a bit worried about how you would adjust to the bottle vs nursing but you do great going back and forth.


Clothes:
You have pretty much grown out of size 0-3 months and are pretty much wearing anything that is 3 months or 3-6 months. You are now sleeping in a grobag every night. Depending on the weather, i am putting you in either a long sleeve onesie, feety pajamas, or fleece feety pajamas. its a shame how many clothes you have never worn. Since you were so small at birtyour here were a handful of cute 0-3 month outfits that you couldn't wear because it has gotten cool outside now.


Diapers:
You are in size 1 diapers during the day. Within the past couple of weeks you started waking up soaking wet so I have started putting you in size 2's at night which has worked quite well. It just seems like yesterday that you were wearing the newborn swaddlers.


Milestones:
You have grown so very much in the past month.You have become so incredibly alert. You love to be held facing outwards now so that you can see what is going on. I have started putting you in the K'Tan and Bjorn facing outwards and you really seem to enjoy it. Whether we are running errands or throwing fetch outside with the dogs, you are just a happy little camper. You still like your mobile and have taken to being put in your swing and chair for longer periods. You like looking at the objects circling above your swing now.


You have started getting MUCH better in your car seat. You like looking at your little animal toys on the handle... You even like to kick them which keeps you a bit distracted. A couple of weekends ago we took our first overnight trip to GiGi and Pops' house in McKinney. We ended up having to drive separately from Dad which made me really nervous as that was the farthest I have had to drive with you on my own. I said many prayers that you would do well. You did GREAT going there and back home. It made me feel so much better for the longer trip we will be taking to Fredericksburg for our family Thanksgiving that we do every other yr with my family. I hope that trip goes just as smoothly.


Last month you lost most of your hair, but this month it has been growing back. Your dad and I are taking bets on what color it will be. So far your eyes are still blue. We are wondering if they will change or not


Morning time with you is by far my favorite. You wake up in such a happy, playful mood. I hate that I don't  have much time with you in the mornings, but I'll take what I can get. If you are not up already then I wake you up around 7a to feed you before I leave for work. Because you are so refreshed you just want to "talk" to me which is the cutest thing. You still love the changing table, but it also allows us to be able to see each other. I like to stand over you and make noises clicking my tongue. As I make these noises, you stare intently and start moving your lips and your tongue as if to mimic me. I'm blown away at how alert and inquisitive you are. for the past month we have thought you were teething. You drool like crazy and love to put things in your mouth and gnaw on them/ gum them...especially your hand.  You have started finding your voice this month with some giggling, screeching, and talking




Sleeping:
At your 4 month Dr's appointment I learned how lucky we were to have such a great nighttime sleeper. Typically I start your bedtime routine around 5:30 to include a bath (every other night), massage, and getting dressed. Then i feed you and put you down around 6:45-7p. You will usually sleep until 4:30a, wake up to eat, and then go right back down to wake back up around 7a. Sometimes you will sleep all the way until around 6. During the day




I want you to know what a joy it is to have you in our lives. I'm still surprised when I see myself holding you in a mirror. Your dad and I both feel so blessed and couldn't imagine life without you. 


Watch Me Grow
1 Month
2 Months
3 Months
4 Months
































post signature

2 comments:

  1. Look at those big blue eyes!! Precious!! He has REALLY grown this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I am amazed at how grown he is now too! Of course, I haven't seen him since he was a week old! Maybe we can get together when we come for Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete