Green Paisley

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Farewell

Dear Aunt Carrie,
   
     Little did I know, when we first met, that we would become fast friends.

    I just wanted you to know how much fun I have had with you over the past 2 1/2 months. I know things started off kind of rocky when you and mom had to find a good bottle that kept me from being gassy and while you guys tried different schedules for me, but in the end we've had a good time together. I have a really good schedule and with your help I have learned to fall asleep on my own. I'm sorry that I pooped on you that first day, but I just wanted to make sure you could handle me. I knew everything would be alright when you laughed it off even though you didn't have a change of clothes ;) You took me on walks, read books to me, did tummy time with me, sang to me, fed me, rocked me, and played toys with me (I think my favorite was the wind up rubber cars that made me giggle really hard).

                 
     I know I've done my fare share of crying, but you have really gotten good at figuring out what I need and for the most part I just get fussy when I'm hungry or tired. Since you started watching me you and Uncle Jason found out that are expecting your first baby. It's going to be so much fun having a cousin nearby. I think I did a good job helping you practice. I know you'll be a great mom to your new baby.

     Mom, Dad, and I wanted to thank you for the sacrifices you have made in order to come watch me. Since you live an hr away, you have stayed at our house during the week. I'm not gonna lie, we have all gotten pretty used to you being around. It's going to be sad not having you here. Every night I go to sleep and every morning I wake up you are here.

     I know I'm enrolled in a day care, but mom is trying to find any possible alternative so I don't have to go. She is so worried about my schedule and whether or not I'll get the attention I deserve...oh and sleeping with all the other commotion going on (you've spoiled us;) I know I have it pretty good here at home in my own bed where its nice and quiet with my own clean toys, but I just want mom to know I'll be ok. I've come a long way the past couple of months and besides, I think I'll have fun with the other babies (can you see I'm still trying to convince myself of all that).

     I love you and I'll miss seeing you every day, but at least your not too far so we can come see you.

Here are some pictures that you and mom took of me while you were here

This was the very first day that mom had to go back to work. She said that was a pretty traumatic day for her, but knowing you were here made it a whole lot easier on her




I'm trying to show Aunt Carrie that there are other channels besides Lifetime :)


Aunt Carrie is helping me learn how to sit
Aunt Carrie lets me hold my own bottle. Aren't I such a big boy now?



 



post signature

1 comment:

  1. Awwe! That was very sweet! I'm so fortunate to have been able to spend that time with you. You are such a sweet baby. It has been so neat to watch your development over the past three months. You have helped me prepare for my own baby. I'm very sad that I won't get to see you everyday but I know you're going to be okay in daycare. I'll always remember the special time we had! I love you very much Lucas!
    Love ,
    Aunt Carrie

    ReplyDelete